In This Video
What you need to know when buying and selling waterfront properties on Okanagan Lake:
- Who governs docks on Okanagan Lake? [1:34]
- What is the high water mark and how is it established? Why is identifying the high water mark important? [2:14]
- What are the 3 different types of dock tenures? Which one applies to Okanagan Lake for residential owners? [3:24]
- What do you need to worry about if you buy a property with an old dock? What if it’s been termed ‘non-compliant’? [5:38]
- What are the different layers of governing authority with living on the waterfront in the Kelowna area? [8:15]
- What needs to be disclosed and provided when you sell a waterfront property? [9:40]
- Is the dock attached to a waterfront title? Does it automatically transfer from one owner to the next? [11:02]
- As a buyer, what do you need to be focused on when looking to buy a water front property with a dock? [15:47]
- If you own or are looking to own a home in a waterfront strata, what do you need to be aware of? [17:34]
Peter Borszcz is a Lawyer and partner at Montgomery Miles and Stone Law Firm, practicing in the areas of business law, real estate development, commercial real estate, and so much more. In addition to his work at the firm, Peter Borszcz is a legal-update instructor for the Real Estate Council of British Columbia and teaches both Commercial Legal Update and Residential Legal Update to real estate licensees across the province.
Kelowna Neighbourhood:What Peter says about his neighbourhood... "I live close to Gyro Beach in the Lower Mission, walkable outdoor lifestyle, bike to work, close to amenities, schools and friends… We love this neighborhood so much instead of moving we demolished our old house and built new just to stay here."
Contact PeterYou can reach out to Peter at Montgomery Miles and Stone Law Firm
Waterfront Terms & Definitions
About Lora + Christy
For a list of proven professionals specializing in docks & lakeshore living, just ask. We're here to help.
We want to make your Kelowna real estate dreams a reality. The team at LORA+CHRISTY puts their strategic marketing expertise and extensive network of contacts & colleagues to work, ensuring that your expectations are met and surpassed. Creating great outcomes for our clients is a product of decades of experience in the Kelowna real estate market. The mission is simple: to be the premier real estate team in the Okanagan Valley.